Monday 22 July 2013

Lipstick at last!


So the reason my blogs called 'lipstick cult' is because of my obsession with lipsticks and so far I haven't even done a post about any! Lipstick are great when your feeling glum or just can't be bothered doing your make up, you can just slick a bit of lipstick on and voila, you look and feel better! It can dress up a casual outfit and add a bit of pop to any outfit. So I thought it was about time to show you about some of my favourite lip products.



My favourites by far are my Art Deco lipsticks. I love the creamy texture of them and always feel like they are packing moisture into my lips. They glide on so easily and you don't need to put a lot on to get good coverage, which means they last me even longer! I hate lipsticks that make your lips look dry and flakey, no one likes flakey lips! They are all testers that I have as I get them through the salon I work at, so unfortunately I can't show you the retail casing.





The most used are my dita von teese and 645. I'm always carrying them round with me. They're handy when I'm feeling like I look a bit bedraggled At work and Can just quickly slick some on to spruce my self up! I don't have to top them up really either so they are constantly in my bag! 



Closely in second are my topshop lipsticks, they have a great range of colour, which I need to stock up on! I do find I go through these a lot quicker than my other lipsticks as the lipstick it self is smaller. They are only high street products so I'm sure i can get over that, they are reasonably priced and rival the likes of mac as they are highly pigmented so there's no wishy washy colour. Everyone hates a great colour lipstick to find out you have to layer it on to get a good coverage! The good thing with these is if your wanting more of an intense colour you can build it up without it looking caked. Beguiled is up there with my favourites, I love the gothic glamour look and this delivers a lovely dark rich red. It doesn't dry my lips out, but I do find if I have slightly dry lips it does accentuate the dryness abit, but I just exfoliate and balm up and they look fine. 




I read about the apocalips lips products on another blog when they first came out and I had to try them. I don't think I'm far off the whole collection as I went a bit mental when I found out most places had sold out of them. To be honest I don't use these as much as I did when I first got them as I prefer my lipsticks. They are great though a fuse between a lipstick and a gloss was a great idea, I'm just not that much of a fan of gloss. The colour delivers perfectly, a high impact colour that doesn't need layers apon layers and a shiny finish is great if your looking for that little bit more out of your lipstick. I found they lasted ok, I did need to touch up a lot more than I would my lipsticks, but they're so easy and quick to apply as you don't need a lot, I don't mind. I pretty much used all the colours apart from 'galaxy' and 'nude eclipse'. Galaxy is just a bit to dark and vampy for me and nude eclipse made me look like a dead corpse according to my best friend! So that was never going to happen! 



Have you tried any of these products?
What's your favourite lip product? 

Xxx






No comments: